Finally banned!

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Finally banned!

Postby Blackhawk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Hash wrote:
Tor wrote:*Do not post about non-Dagorhir organizations or non-Dagorhir events.

Romanempire.net (in some of your "Roman" people's sigs) mentions the SCA and Marklands, both non-Dagorhir organizations.

Police your ****.

Can anyone really answer this? I've been wondering why such as strictly Dag-only website allows SCA discussion, but bans Bel.

That one is above my pay grade.
I'll see what I can find out. But if I were to venture a guess, it would be that SCA and Marklands are not foam fighting.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby Derian » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

I think the reasoning I had heard for it in the past was that Rome isn't a realm/chapter, but a unit, therefore it's ok.

:unsure:
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Derian is right, if you are a unit, not a chapter, you can do whatever you please, units don't have to sign anything. Only a chapter signs a chapter contract, which enforces teh Dag only stuff. A unit can be whatever and play whatever games they want and show them on their website.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Arrakis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:33 pm

It's because they don't perceive the SCA as a recruitment/membership threat, for whatever reason.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Peregrine » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Blackhawk wrote:OK who sees this as the AFC and NFC?
Super bowl anyone?

*ponders going to geddon*

I hope you come, we love to have you.
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Because Rome does SCA as well as a unit, and it's a unit website. There are also probably other 'reasons' but that's the main one I can think of.

Its still stupid and contradictory as hell, but there it is.
-Ilariia Bulochnika, Esquire.
Viking Buddy
Food Craftsman
Kensman

The hero Belegarth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Viking *.
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Dedric » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am

The rules are very clear about posting a link with links to other games. Rome also used to have Darkon on their website before Dominus got banned from Darkon, and now that can get you banned for mentioning it too, and that IS foam-fighting. The true answer is that, as usual, the rules don't apply to those who make or enforce them, just to everyone else.

As far as me getting banned, I know why I got banned, and no, it didn't come as a huge shock. I'm not particularly offended by it, simply adding my name to the list of those banned for BS reasons (whether in keeping with the rules or traditions of the Dag admins) from the Dag forums. Though I'm a little peeved at how many people seem to see me as "starting a boycott," rather than simply responding to what I perceived as someone trying to get Lu Bu's shield-bashing class banned with an IF that happens then THIS will be the consequence.

Either way, this thread has been eye-opening. As usual, one of the newer (to the DBGA administration positions) and more reasonable BoD folks (Blackhawk) is trying to be reasonable and fair and explain the way things are the way they are. But the more he talks the more he makes the Dag administration seem petty and as if it's run by a bunch of 8 year olds.

Also, NO, someone outside of Aratari can't sit on the BoD. It is, after all, the ARATARI BOARD OF DIRECTORS. Not the DBGA BoD with members from several realms. And that's my biggest beef with the way Dag is run.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Peregrine » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 am

something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Postby Alunsun » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:39 am

Kyrax, I'm glad we're on the same page here as to what the difference between talking crap about another sport and talking up another sport is. I'm also glad that we have an understanding on how each is done. Hopefully, the DBGA and anyone that shares their xenophobia will follow suit. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, and that's everyone- here's point.
how much about a nike dunk ??every one know??
Alunsun
Scout
Scout

Realm: Umbar
Unit: The Black Corsairs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 am

Ilariia Bulochnika wrote:.....There are also probably other 'reasons' but that's the main one I can think of....

It was said before, but I'll say it again:

Because Dominus **** rainbows?
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

Dedric wrote:Rome also used to have Darkon on their website before Dominus got banned from Darkon,

Dominus actually never got banned, one of the other Romans was suspended fir a year, Rome left Darkon as a form of protest against his suspension if I am not mistaken. They have come out 2 times since then to day events, and there was no drama, just hard fighting. I cannot think of a single person who has garnered lifelong banning from the Darkon Wargaming Club. There is one guy who is currently serving a 1 year suspension for unsafe grappling... But that's all I've heard about.

Trying to keep facts straight...

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby Blackhawk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:
Dedric wrote:Rome also used to have Darkon on their website before Dominus got banned from Darkon,

Dominus actually never got banned, one of the other Romans was suspended fir a year, Rome left Darkon as a form of protest against his suspension if I am not mistaken. They have come out 2 times since then to day events, and there was no drama, just hard fighting. I cannot think of a single person who has garnered lifelong banning from the Darkon Wargaming Club. There is one guy who is currently serving a 1 year suspension for unsafe grappling... But that's all I've heard about.

Trying to keep facts straight...

Thrush
berserk

No wonder so many people seem so angry here. There is a steady stream of misinformation flowing onto these boards. it's quite a propaganda machine fueled by a select few individuals.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Dedric » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I was told the story by someone who sat on the Senate when he was convicted, and, incidentally, voted for acquittal. He was not permanently banned, he was suspended for six months, at least according to what I was told.

Either way, the point is that it's OK to put it on your website until they * you off. Then it becomes national policy for even a mention to get you banned.
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby varadin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Blackhawk, the misinformation is coming from dedric though. The same guy who swore he grappeled a roman with greaves on at harvest feast and was immediatly proved wrong. You cant blame the boards for that.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 pm

The Senate has no control over who is suspended or not in Darkon. The Senate exists only to vote on rules changes. The task of suspending someone would be the responsibility of members of the elected executive board, under guidance or with assistance from the Noble Council.

Rome's beef was with a bunch of elected officials being from units they had beef with... It got SUPER ugly. The cops were almost called to that Senate meeting/scream fest. Somewhere between the 80s and late 90's a few people in Darkon, forgot that we dress up funny and beat each other with swords. Sound familiar?

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Blackhawk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Varadin wrote:Blackhawk, the misinformation is coming from dedric though. The same guy who swore he grappeled a roman with greaves on at harvest feast and was immediatly proved wrong. You cant blame the boards for that.

Not blaming the boards, just "a select group of individuals".
Thrush- I hate to say it but, I am happy it isn't just Dag getting misrepresented here. Good to know the misinformation is on all the games.

PS. See you both in 2 days, it has been too long! Gods dammit I need to fight!!!

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Acorn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 pm

I would like to point out that where there is information about other games on the majority of this site it is positive and fairly accurate. do not take this thread as the norm for bel information regarding other games, especially since it has been mainly concerned with the ONLINE representations of said games and not the games or players themselves.
Da'Nut,Catalyst: Tail of the Cataclusmos, Valkyries, Sus at BEST

Sare wrote:Acorn is the very template of awesome.
Acorn
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Spear Frenzy

Postby Dudley S. Thunder » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=34875

So you guys like to cross game?

I mean c'mon.

Pot, Kettle, Black.
Dudley S. Thunder
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2003

Postby Blackhawk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Acorn wrote:I would like to point out that where there is information about other games on the majority of this site it is positive and fairly accurate. do not take this thread as the norm for bel information regarding other games, especially since it has been mainly concerned with the ONLINE representations of said games and not the games or players themselves.

Acorn- Thank you, I have noticed that as well.

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Tiberius Claudius wrote:
Ilariia Bulochnika wrote:.....There are also probably other 'reasons' but that's the main one I can think of....

It was said before, but I'll say it again:

Because Dominus **** rainbows?

:target:

;)
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Ferrin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm

whoa dudley just whoa nobody in that entire thread had anything negative to say about fighting with you, just with your using the phase "dork practice" to try and invite people to come and fight, which is in of its self kind of an offensive thing to say however true it may be that we are a bit dorkish by playing these games, that thread and this one have nothing in common and i for one would like to not see some * hat board noob try and make a stupid statement just because his feeling got hurt when he made another stupid statement.
Ferrin
Recruit
Recruit

Realm: Numenor
Unit: Dark Guard

Postby SirReal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Dudley S. Thunder wrote:http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=34875

So you guys like to cross game?

I mean c'mon.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

I'm not sure that thread can be successfully used as a citation to any argument with merit. You argued about the word "dork" for 25 days.

There's a difference between arguing for/against informal censorship (disallowing even the slight mention of outsiders) and yelling "FIRE" in a crowded building (purposely dissatisfying your target audience-- perhaps one could fittingly call it "flaming"). The catalyst for the former is the rules and regulations of the entire website; the catalyst for the latter was you. The only commonality is that it's rather self-hindering for the respective catalysts to instigate either.
SirReal
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Akbar the Foul » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Ferrin wrote:whoa dudley just whoa nobody in that entire thread had anything negative to say about fighting with you, just with your using the phase "dork practice" to try and invite people to come and fight, which is in of its self kind of an offensive thing to say however true it may be that we are a bit dorkish by playing these games, that thread and this one have nothing in common and i for one would like to not see some * hat board noob try and make a stupid statement just because his feeling got hurt when he made another stupid statement.

Wow, you're a huge **** dork.

Dorking has always been the true name of what we do.
Akbar the Foul
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 14 Nov 2000
Favorite Fighting Styles: gravitational fat

Postby Tiercel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Akbar the Foul wrote:

Clearly, you are not being hit hard enough.
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Big King Jimmy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Tiercel wrote:
Akbar the Foul wrote:

King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 am

Acorn wrote:especially since it has been mainly concerned with the ONLINE representations of said games and not the games or players themselves.

This is actually a problem I run into on the Darkon boards and the Dag boards. I sometimes get WAY bent out of shape arguing over something, saying that everyone in the game is stupid or a bunch of **** or something, but then am reminded, that less then half of the players of any of these games are on the message boards. It is a lesson I learned and took to heart.

Tiercel wrote:Clearly, you are not being hit hard enough.

With a foam look a like sword.

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Dedric » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:01 am

Thrush, since I wasn't there, thanks for the info, although my point about Rome's hypocrisy stands either way. I may also be paraphrasing, as in, my friend sat on the senate and was also on the committee that was responsible for Dominus's discipline, whereas all I remember was that he sat on the senate and voted for acquittal. Also, the charges he told me he was brought up on were hitting too hard (which sounds to me like total BS), and shield-bashing someone into a campfire during a night raid with in-camp fighting (back in the days when that was allowed in Darkon).
Dedric
Underling
Underling

Postby Rocca » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 am

Dude, Dedric, Let it die.
Rocca
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2002
Realm: Babylon Empire
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, archery
Pronouns: She / Her

Postby Akbar the Foul » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:06 am

Big Jimmy wrote:
Tiercel wrote:
Akbar the Foul wrote:

I've had the following happen to me:

Hit on the hand so hard the base of my thumb and palm swelled up to nearly twice their size
Body checked by Vokor at an event so hard I was lifted off the ground and cracked the back of my head on the ground hard enough that I was dizzy the remainder of the day
Numerous sprained ankles, headshots, nutshots, etc.

It's still dorking.
Akbar the Foul
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 14 Nov 2000
Favorite Fighting Styles: gravitational fat

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 pm

2 broken noses, 1 crushed ear, 3 badly sprained ankles, 1 torn ACL, many cuts, 3 or 4 concussions, broken ribs... Still dorking... Always will be. ;)

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby bangor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 am

sissy
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Drackonius » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Blackhawk wrote:No wonder so many people seem so angry here. There is a steady stream of misinformation flowing onto these boards. it's quite a propaganda machine fueled by a select few individuals.

speak for your own organization.
That's Dracko to you!

The Beast is caged...for now.....

Any moron with a pack of matches can set a fire. Raining down sulfur is like an endurance trial. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in......next to soccer.
Drackonius
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2008
Realm: Forodwaith
Favorite Fighting Styles: red sword
sword and board

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:22 am

Drackonius wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:No wonder so many people seem so angry here. There is a steady stream of misinformation flowing onto these boards. it's quite a propaganda machine fueled by a select few individuals.

speak for your own organization.

My internet-fu might be weak, but I think he was being ironic.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Loderia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Postby Dane » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Don'tcha think?
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

If they don't take it, then it wasn't sufficient.
Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 18 Jun 2007
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Single Blue

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Dane, are you going to Rhun in June? If so, remind me to stab you in the junk.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Dane » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

You can make good on it at 'Geddon. I'll be there all week.
Graavish wrote:it's not the weight of the weapon that makes for a solid hit, it's how much i don't like you when i'm swinging.

Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I'll be in Ireland.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Dane » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Visiting the mystical homeland?

Dane
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Teej » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 am

Dane wrote:Visiting the mystical homeland?

Yes and no. Studying abroad at Oxford, cheaper to fly during the week than on a weekend, os we made the best of it.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports