DW- Through A Dark Glass

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

DW- Through A Dark Glass

Postby Andrek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:59 am

OOC- This thread is all about the varied planes on the other side of the gates that have been opened. Players may, or may not, meet up with each other in this area. The Hells are a very large area and cover multiple areas.

Andrek motions for a small shadow to head off and looks at Jerlaine, "Even after all of these years, I haven't been able to free her. I wonder if time is kept at the same rate here as it is on our home plane?" He looks over the armory that he has collected over the past twelve years. "Do you think that the Order of the Rose, or even Oasis are sill in tact?" He looks over the barren wasteland that he had opened up over a decade ago, all in hopes to find a mother that only survived in fading memory. He noticed a spark in the distance, "It seems another gate has opened, I am headed to close it."
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Re: DW- Through A Dark Glass

Postby forsaken arrow » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:24 pm

the darkness set heavily on the forest clearing. shadows dance between the trees as a lone figure draws blood with a small blade.
"As angels fall, and demons rise. Remove this veil from before my eyes. a sacrifice freely given, so the demons of hell may be risen. show me the lands where the wicked fall, open to me the realms of Baal!" mutters the lone figure clenching his fist forcing blood to ooze between his knuckles before casting it upon a small stone mantle. With a sudden burst of sickly green and black light
an arc of fire melded to the stone and seeped skyward forming a gate. the lone figure standing in the light of the gate stood upright before it. "Hell... I am ARROW and I seek your power!" he belted against the near defining rumble of the gate. With a stern demeanor he charged into its sickening flame.

P.S (the gates of hell are open!!!!!!!!!)
Forkbeard wrote:Arrow, you're a douche.
FB

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') (-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-.-)-)-)-)-)-)-)-)-)-)-)-)
Chinese moffia and there killer chinese kung fu rabit
forsaken arrow
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 24 Sep 2001
Unit: forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board, archery, spear

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:40 pm

I dunno Andrek I can't remember anything from before I was force fully pulled through the gate by your doppleganger. Even now everything I know is from what you have told me. From what you've said I wouldn't have left unless everything was in capable hands I fear for the worst and pray for the best. I'm sure we'll free your mother yet don't worry old friend I'm still here as soon as we free your mother we will return to our lives. Now let's go close that other gate this sword I took from your doppleganger works quite well against the creatures that gather around those and try to escape.
Squire to Sir Andrek knight of the High Code.
Last Capt of the Defenders of The Rose.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Unit: Dogs of War
Favorite Fighting Styles: anything

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:08 pm

Andrek this gate is looking to be the size of the main gate but it's in a smaller gate position. Is it possible somebody forcefully opened a small gate in such a way that caused it to enlargen itself into a main gate. And if so won't that cause other ones to open. I'm not liking the way this looks at all we may have another war on out hands and from what you said our groups will need us we must save your mother and get back.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Andrek » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Andrek is silent as he realizes that this gate is much larger than he had expected. "This was done by a man Jerlaine... a man who has nothing left to live for except revenge." His face becomes gravely white, the ancient texts were kept secret. Hidden from men in ancient vaults. What happened to the guardians, and how did the spells get into the hands of someone that would open a rift after what had happened during the last two incidents.

"This spell must be the same one that Swany used the first time the gates ripped open. Though you are correct; if this is a new gate, it will only be a matter of weeks before the first one one opens again. Ered Duath, and likely the entirety of the Western Realms won't see this coming. Though this does give you a chance to return home and warn our kingdom." He smiles at the thought of his people.

He then places a hand on Jerlaine's shoulder, "The largest problem is that we don't know who opened it, and we must to completely seal it. It will not close until the revenge of their soul is met, and we would need another willing soul that is pure of heart to sacrifice their life into this plane . I don't know anyone who would do that, nor would I ask them. We can always mask this gate to prevent others from finding it, though that will take a great deal of energy and blessings from the Gods." Many people had forgotten that Andrek was once one of the great paladin's of his realm, and even in the darkness was able to draw upon the power of the gods. Though when many look upon his relics, and hear tales of his exploits they quickly assume that the Gods and Andrek had a mutual falling out. "I hope that men have not turned their hearts away from them, or this world will see masters that no men should ever be subject to."

He looks at the gate once more, "So do you want to head back home?"
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 pm

I promised to help you free your mother Andrek remember. But it is our duty to warn the realms of this problem. We should go together the people will listen to you more than they will me. And what if it's power this person is seeking or even possibly both. Also Andrek you said yourself elfes aren't supposed to be in this plain of existence and as punishment from the gods instead of killing me they took away my memory. If that's true I won't be able to return to help you.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Postby forsaken arrow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:16 am

A rush of cool steam enveloped the lone figure as he stood with his eyes shut. behind him he could feel the heat of the gate, its green light gently whipping his body. with his eyes closed one would believe he was afraid to open his eyes only to behold hells many horrors, instead he is simply taking in the ambient sounds; the fallling of stone, the ocasional screams, and the grunts of unknown beasts. with the smell of bog and death hanging pungent in the air he was actually feeling his surroundings. the surroundings of what he now considers home.
Suddenly the ambient sounds of hell were broken with a snort and heavy charging foot steps. Arrows eyes slam open with calm complection. "Amist the the decaying swamp like terrain lurked countess demons bolth lesser and greater" he thought to himself. "its time to see what I am"

He turned to his left widening his stance blade drawn under his cloak as a large dark fugure towered over him in mid swing its axe already cristind with blood both fresh and old . The only feature of the dark figure prodominatly visable being a set of wild grinning teeth. In one quick movement arrow plunged his sholder into the beasts torso his blade piercing its body.
the beast wasnt even dead yet when arrow began to think of how much he loved the sound and vibration steel makes as it scrapes vertibre. a slight chuckle could be heard admist the yipe and gurgled howls of the beast as it died.
FB

(\ /)
( . .)
forsaken arrow
Underling
Underling

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Well Andrek let's get moving I enjoy killing these demons it feels like someone is guiding me when I fight them like it's important and right. I wonder if it has something to do with my past or maybe my people. It's time we go find out what is happening and from there we'll do what is right. As Jerlaine turns toward the gate at the distance he sees a man kill a greater demon than destroys the rest. He looks at this figure and freezes as he gets a feeling dare he say a man he should know as just enough of his memory returns to let him know that this man is someone he should know and know on a personal level but he can't remember anything more just enough to confuse him and cause him to pause and freeze in a place he's never dropped his guard.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Postby forsaken arrow » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 am

"what an exsilerating rush" arrow thought to himself while hunched over a lifless body. His blade singing as he pulls it from his victim. standing up arrow felt eyes upon him but from where? peering the landscape his eyes drew a bead on two stone like figures standing a ways off. eyes made contact and a great sense of fear rushed over him. the pain so unbearable it caused arrow to clench his heart and double over with greif. "Andrek... jerlain... i thought you were dead... consumed as i am now." drawing a shallow breath arrow knew he had to escape from here. Weather they really are those legenday warriors he grew up to admire and follow religously or just hollow shells of what they use to be arrow knew he had to get away. He had to get away! endless deamon hoards, monsters of the void, armies of constructs , legendary gardians, all he could face with out hesitation or the fear of death but some how this incident, this he hadnt accounted for. he couldnt have calculated or predicted to have happend and for once he was afraid...

the lone figure slipped away into the shadows, away from his friends...
FB

(\ /)
( . .)
forsaken arrow
Underling
Underling

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 am

Andrek did you see that man just before he disapeared. Some how I know that I know him but I'm not sure. What should we do now.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Postby forsaken arrow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:30 am

a cool green light eminated from his pocket. reaching for it he pulled a small black and green stone and placed it upon the dead carcass before him. with a madening laugh he udered a few words. the stone glowed first green and hot a defining scream could be heard from within the body as its soul was torn from it. then it grew cold as the deamons soul was forever trapped within.
FB

(\ /)
( . .)
forsaken arrow
Underling
Underling

Postby Andrek » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Andrek sighed, "He was once a warrior child. One that I have a great deal of respect for. Though why would he open a gate?" Andrek quickly became silent, realizing that he had said too much. "We must find him before this realm corrupts him."

Andrek speaks to some of the shadows in a language that raises the hair on the necks of most men. Jerlaine feels the darkness again, as he has many times as Andrek spoke with the demons of this realm. Many small shadows go running off in the direction that Arrow was headed, attempting to keep out of his sight.

"Jerlaine, are you ready to go meet with our friend?"
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jerlaine Trefenwyn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Yes Andrek I'm ready but if he's a warrior child who you have respect for would I know him. I'm gettin that itch along my back and neck again let's go I do believe it's time.
Jerlaine Trefenwyn
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Andrek » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:32 am

Andrek walked toward the portal that had just opened, seeing the destruction Arrow had left. The portal was larger than he had expected. "Odd, I thought I had put the book away so that no one would find it." He looked around, but couldn't see Arrow anywhere. "Arrow! Where are you!"
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Role-Play