DW- Surrounding Ered Duath

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

DW- Surrounding Ered Duath

Postby Andrek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

OOC- This thread is specifically for events happening in the reformed kingdoms of Ered Duath's largest city. You should post here if your character has interaction with Ered Duath citizens. This will take place in Ered Duath, and the surrounding area. Be sure to review where a group is before interacting with them as the Realm of Ered Duath is divided into kingdoms as large as small cities

A bloodied guard stumbles into the middle of a public warriors training day, just weeks after Yestare crying out, "NASHOVA! ELWRATH!... HORATI!....... VERSAGO!!!" He falls to the ground and eeks out in his last breath, "It has begun again... the gate is open...."
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Re: DW- Surrounding Ered Duath

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 pm

OOC: I will update my new character information as soon as I am able to do it.

Upon hearing my name, I turn to see who had called it. I only see a crumpled man in the middle of the road. People running to his aide, but upon getting to the scene, they know they can do nothing. One of the women looks up at me and motions for me to come over.

When I get to the grisly scene, the man was one of the gate guardians. His arms had been marked with these odd marks. Almost seemed to look like claw marks all over him.

"He said that the gate was open, didn't he? This cannot be good. This must have been what the vision was telling me about the few nights ago. I knew it wasn't good at all, but had no idea what it was going to be. This must mean that God has given me the power to see what these... monsters, demons, whatever they are, are planning to do. I will go forward to the gate and try to see what I can find out."

I go back to my house and grab all the equipment I will need. Before leaving, I offer a prayer to God to keep my wits about me.
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Upon leaving my house, I head towards the center of town to see who, if anyone is going to come figure out what is going on with the gate. Getting to the town center, I look around to see anyone that I know. Everyone's face seems to be blurred. A bright and shining light is coming from above me. It grows stronger and stronger. A voice, which I have heard before but only in dreams, speaks to me," Horati, seek out this gate. Find whoever or whatever opened them and, if need be, destroy them for the protection of this world."
After the light fades, the faces come back to being clear, but everyone is staring at me. "What happened?" I ask. "A pillar of light surrounded you for a moment and then faded away. God must be speaking to us through you!"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 pm

"If God is speaking to you through me, then I wonder what he wants me to know. I should not wait for this to get worse. God wants me to take this gate and destroy it or whoever opened it. I will go and take care of this gate for the safety of this village."

With that I start to head off for the gate. I make one last stop at the chapel to pray one more time before heading off into the woods. With my hair blowing in the wind and the sun on my back, I head off for the gate. Not knowing exactly how far off the gate was, just knowing the general direction. A little down the path, I could hear some clattering and chattering. "What could this be?" I asked myself. Not wanting to be found out, I sneak up on the small outcropping to take a look at what I see.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Andrek » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Andrek is sitting in the clearing that Horati comes up to, speaking with a few battle scarred elves, and a few human soldiers. The elves sit silently while a commanding officer of the soldiers berates them about their poor decision to remain 'unseen' during these last few years.

Andrek finally stands and begins to walk away, then pauses and tells the soldiers, "If you all continue to think like this fool officer, your lands will be destroyed. There are men who will choose to do what men must to take their world back, though don't pass your inadequacy onto the elves. Wouldn't you agree with this Squire Horati?" A wry smile comes to his lips as he addresses the elves, "I am grateful for your valued time and respect your decision. Your path will no doubt strengthen your brothers."
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:22 am

"For creatures of the wood. You never saw me coming."
Bantered a voice the crept over the elves shoulders. The voice was gravely and playful.

Up stood a hunched over figure. Cloaked and hidden from the sun. Staff in a clawed hand, and smelling of incense and dirt. Adorned with in furs, stones, and bone. Rat muzzle poking from the hood with a grin.

"You are as you have been described, although a little huskier. You must be Andrek. I've heard many a tale from a spirit who knew you well. So much so that I may as well call you brother. Stories aside. I've felt an upheaval and the spirits are restless.-" He pulls back the hood in presentation. Before them stands a ratling.(OOC:Ratling D&D)"You see a spirit long passed visited me and told me about you. Saying that I should greet you, and that you may aid me." The ratling throws a satchel at Andreks feet. "I am Shattered Fist, but you may call me Rat. Please, take these medicinal herbs as a token of good will.
Name: Shattered Fist
Race: Ratling
I am the rat! <:3__)=------
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 07 Jun 2003
Realm: Oasis
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hand Axes, Florintine, Sword and Board.

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 am

"Ah, Andrek, it has been quite some time since we last spoke. How have you been good Knight? It appears that you have been well. But, are you here because of this gate that has opened? Or are you here for other reasons?"

I come out of the small hiding place I was in and go into the clearing. Hugging Andrek, I speak again," Elves, Humans and Rattlings. Interesting collection of individuals. Many of you have either died or left the realms of Men. I am Horati of the Frost Hills. I come from the frozen north. I believe that I have been chosen of God to destroy this gate that has opened. Although, I do not believe I know exactly how to close the gate. In all of your experiences, what you any of you known to work? Or are there better ways to be rid of these demons without having to destroy anything?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 pm

I had been traveling for some time. Coming back to the lands that I have lived for the past several years. In the distance I see a group of individuals, walking closer I see humans, and what look to be elves. Continuing on my way as I get closer some of the individuals start to look familiar.

Finally noticing the faces "Andrek? Is that you?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 07 Sep 2005
Unit: Kittens of Battle
Favorite Fighting Styles: Club and Punch Shield, Red sword

Postby Andrek » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Andrek nods to recognize Horati & Versago, though he is unusually emotionally distant. "Ratling, your breed are all too often found in the under dark among the darkend elves. What brings you up to the surface?" He takes the satchel and tosses it to Horati.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:16 pm

"I guess all the rumors of your death throughout my travels were false." giving a laugh out at the site of his old friend. "Its good to see you again." So who are your friends, nodding to the elves, humans and the ratling. "First of your kind i've ever seen!" I exclaimed looking at the ratling.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Andrek wrote:Andrek nods to recognize Horati & Versago, though he is unusually emotinoally distant. "Ratling, your breed are all too often found in the under dark among the darkend elves. What brings you up to the surface?" He takes the satchel and tosses it to Horati.

Versago Hayashida wrote:...So who are your friends, nodding to the elves, humans and the ratling. "First of your kind i've ever seen!" I exclaimed looking at the ratling.

"It is true, my race is a mystery to the common folk that dwell upon the surface or outside the dense dark-woods." His face had become stricken. "As you can see I am before you, that as much, being as great of a sign as can be. I've traveled far and wide. From Oasis, to the roads of Trivia, even through a encampment of 'Red Hand'. I've been Ushered by the spirits to find the one called Andrek, and to seek very specific souls. Which will aid in this pilgrimage." Rat's ears lower forward and he gives a bow. Respect never given to any other race. "Please don't let me trouble you. I am hear to listen."
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:40 pm

OCC sorry for the wall of text. this event happens far outside of the city.

Far for Ered Duath walks a lone man. Slowly he makes his way though the dense underbrush of the southern forest. He is new to this land but has head of a war brewing and a conspiracy underfoot. So the Knight-Vigilant sent him to aid the citizens of the war torn city.

Stopping in his tracks he hears the footsteps and shouting of several people. Ahead of him he sees the light of a fire. Then he feels it. The surge of energy from within himself. “Magic” he mutters under his breath. “et us see if they are malificar or just deadbeats.” as he gets closer he hears the chatting of a man. And a child.

“Come on son you ha this spell this morning, now focus all your energy. Goo good now realize it.”

From behind the trees he watches as the boy tries the spell again. He feels the energy surge within him as the boys spell fizzles. Negated, by his very presence “this boy isn't any threat to me if just being in the same area as me can negate his magic.

“ Master I just cant feel it.”

“Feel what?”

“My connection to magic”

“OK watch one more time as I try the spell” the Master waves his hand and a small blur of light is viable. “ Whats going on why cant I cast the simplest of spells.”

“Because the Order dictates” the man steps out of the woods into a clearing. Several pavilions are set up as men in armor, priests and mages a scurry around.

“Who are you” Shouts the Master. “Boy run, sound the alarm.” the boy does as he is told. “I said who are you”

“Oh me, I am just a wo0nderer. A pilgrim from the east. An agent of god, Right hand of the devil, Worst friend a mage can ever have. Take your pick of which titeal you choose for me mage.” Soon the alarm bells ring as several footmen take marks around the man who appeared from the clearing. “ I warn you men now. You draw your blade and I wail be forced to take you down.” He draws his sword and losses his shield.' “Any man among you man enough to swing his blade.”

the man goes black for a second. He feels the tendrils of another persons mind touch his. Weak as it was it had the feel of evil “Malificar” he awakens from his daze an looks around the circle. The looks down and sees the boy. A look of concentration on his face. “The law of god is clear, blood magic is punishable by death.” as quick as a flash he charged the circle. Before anyone could react his blade found its target. Sliding smoothly into the boys unprotected chest. The looks of shock on everybody's face as the boys limp body fell to the ground quickly turned to rage. The footmen charged as the mages trye to pull their magi toghether.

“I can touch it, I cant feel the Aether'
'Neither can I, what is this guy.”
In the Frey the man quickly sought out the mages and gave them a quick end and after the mages had fallen did the same for the normal soldiers.”

at last one man stood alone. A child, no more than 15. shaking in his second hand armor. The man advances on the boy who takes a step back and trips over the body of his fallen comrade.

'Wat id your name boy and who do you serve”
Scared and shaken the bow responds through stutters and gasps “Damion, I serve the true king of this land, the man who by birth rules over all or he should.” the boy lunges from the ground with his blade tip coming close to the mans chest. “For the KING”

the man sidesteps the boy and quickly rasps him in the back of the head with the flat of his blade. When the boy comes too the man is gone on the gr4ound surrounded by blood is a note. He reads.

“I am but a pilgrim to these lands. I did not wish this fate upon you. But the order dictates. Blood magic must be dealt with with a swift death. I am Knight-Commander Cayosin. I hail from far to the south and the east from the southern marches of Dur Demarion.. I am only passing through on a mission from god if you plan on attacking Ered Duath then turn back now. Give this letter to your king. Any malificar found will end on my blade. Be warned now. Run and never return. If I see you you will die.”

Several leagues away from the clearing the man walks out of the woods. He looks upon the city of Ered Duath, burning upon the horizon. Surrounded by those who lay siege to it. “The Grand Cleric was right. Magic is being abused here and it must end. Before another “Event” Happens. He pulls out a mirror. And speaks a few words into it. “Very well” Said a voice from the mirror “ The Templars will be sent right away. It will take at least two months to have to force there and ready for combat”

“Very well thank you” he smashes the mirror as he walks to the city ready for anything that may happen. “Malificar” He mutters under his breath.

Super OCC i have been give the go ahead by Andrek to go ahead and join in this, thank you for letting me rp with you
In Draconic
Loreat mrith tiichi - Die with honor
Valignat ekess vignar - Burn to Ash
lleisgar de lowan - Rise from death

Sieglatan wrote: it looks like you killed and skinned a tiny cow, and riveted the hide onto it.

Ignatius wrote:I love that he just got put in time out for a month!!!
Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 02 Jun 2009
Realm: dur-demarion

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:41 am

Having recognized that the Rattling having shown great respect, Horati bows, showing his respect and understanding. "So, Shattered Fist, these herbs that you have given Andrek, who in turn gave them to me, what will they do? You did mention medicinal, so I am assuming that they are for the healing of the wounded."

Turning towards the elves,"Do you know where the gate is located? I would very much like to take a look at it. That is if you would be willing to take me to it." Looking back towards everyone else," Or if any of you know where the gate is located, it would be nice to be able to check it out."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Embara Cayosin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:42 am

On the outskirts of the invaders war camp Knight-Commander Cayosin slowly creeps along behind the tents and pavilions. Everything was covered in blood, and the air hung the stench of death and evil. Everywhere he heard chanting and could feel the pull of magic from within himself. “The mages are strong, my presence alone cant quench their magic, just how many demons have these fiends made pacts with.” as he reaches closer to the center of the camp, he finds a large pile of bodies. Ordinary citizens from the city. Unarmed, throats and wrists slit, fuel for the evils taking place. As he rounds the mound he discovers a circle of mages and watches as they sacrifice yet another Innocent victim. The man didnt struggle at all his eyes were glazed over as if he was in a trance. “Im sorry I cant help anyone, fighting these Malificar would be suicide. May you find piece at the lords side” after the sacrifice the mages step back as another demon is pulled from the Aether. They bow to the creature, who vanished and the mages dispersed into the camp.

Cayosin Makes his way though the camp and finds the citys gate. Left open just a crack. A magical barrier erected over the opening. He pases his hand on the barrier and dispels it enough that he can walk through. Then he repairs the barrier. The knight commander has made it into the city. “I must find whoever is in charge here, they must hear of the evils taking place outside of the city.”
In Draconic

Sieglatan wrote: it looks like you killed and skinned a tiny cow, and riveted the hide onto it.

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am

Horati OTFH wrote:Having recognized that the Rattling having shown great respect, Horati bows, showing his respect and understanding. "So, Shattered Fist, these herbs that you have given Andrek, who in turn gave them to me, what will they do? You did mention medicinal, so I am assuming that they are for the healing of the wounded."

"The herbs are dry. Crush the amount you need and mix with honey until wet. The paste works on deep cuts. In the hands of a shaman it can even restore a limb."
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Versago Hayashida » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 am

Responding to Horait. "I haven't seen these gates. All i've heard are rumors of days past. My sensei's life was taken during the last great war. He had been in search of the gates himself but never was able to find them. If I knew where he had placed all of his records, we may have a clue if not the exact location of the gates."

As the elves spoke umongst themselves "He didn't live to far out from Ered Duath. He lived in a little rice farming community. Maybe you have heard of Kanna Village?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 pm

"Rat, I believe that I will keep my eye out for you, in the event that I need your assistance. I thank you for this gift." Horati says bowing.

"Versago, if I am correct in your name, I have heard some stories of you and your sensai. The two of you did some wonderful things in your village. If you believe that there may be information on this gate in your village. If you would take me there, I would like to learn this information you might have. And possibly we can find the gate together." Horati walks closer to Versago, hoping to be able to start towards the village shortly.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Giving a laugh "I never intended to have any type of reputation for the things I did for Kanna Village. My Sensei died protecting that village as I said in the last war. So it would be nice to visit again, I haven't been back to the village since the day of his death."

"The farmers there are a bit skittish around strangers but I am sure once seeing me they will welcome you all. That is if the rest of you are going to come with Horati and Myself." Versago shakes Horati's hand. "It is nice to meet you. Oh.. and for all of you. Kanna has the best rice in the region. So it will be a nice treat for you all."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 pm

"Then this shall be a great returning visit! Although, I can see that it might be difficult for you. I would be happy to try to local cuisine as well. As you can see, I do enjoy myself some great food," Horati said while rubbing his stomach. "I will do my best not to scare your people. My visage can, on occasion, scare some people away. These scars are years old. But I cannot remember when or how I got them." ((This is referring back to his history.)) "Are there any specific customs I should know of to prevent my doing something bad?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Embara Cayosin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Many hours were spent in the city and not one person confrunted me. no guards were walking the streets. children playing in the alleys. "Strange for a city undersiege to be so calm and relaxed." i made my way to the local tavern. "A pint please good sir" I said to the bar keep laying a gold piece on the counter."

the bar keep looks at the gold in awe "right away sir, not often the nobles visit my fair estasblishment" he hrriedly berings me the bigges mug he could filled with his best mead. "Golden mead for you sir"

"Thank you" i said as i looked at the brew. but something just diddnt feel right. the people were too calm, to cheery for a war torn town. also how do the people ket to be used as fuel for the dark ritualsgoing on beyond the walls. you would think that people would notice their loved ones go missing. i brought the mug to my lips. it didnt semll like mead. yet it did. it was mead but it hat a taint to the scent. i walked away from the counter to a table in a back courner. slowly i tried to dispell any enchantment that may be on the mead. after what seemed like an hour i finnaly managed to nix the illusion. what was in my cup was not mead but a crimsion water, thick as blood. i look around and everyone was drinking the same liquid. i walk out side and the fountain across the square ran red with the potion. the water of the city was hexed. its people unaware of anything other than the dream the invaders allowed them to have. suddenly tree men in hoods look at me from across the square. "who are they i never saw them before" i take a step back and the start running for me.

they start trowing enchantmets at me. i turn to run down an aleey. the end was blocked by three more of the mages.

"no where to run now is there '
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Versago Hayashida » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Looking up at the sky, "I understand that the life of a samurai is not easy and I do not fear death. I know that my sensei had a glorious death. So I am not saddend by his passing." looking back up at Horati "and No, the village is used to travels and have always been very hospitable as long as you show no ill will towards them. They housed my sensei for some time, in exchange for him protecting the village. They have had some issues with bandits in the past but as long as you don't act like a bandit I'm sure you will all be fine."

Versago hears his stomach grumbling "all this talk about Kanna has definatly made me hungry. We can leave at any time, who will be joining us? Ratling, you are more than welcome to join us on our journey, the priestess in the village is always itching to learn more about healing."
Last edited by Versago Hayashida on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Embara Cayosin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:50 pm

"I am out matched here." I thought as i stared down the men in front of me and behind me. then i glased at the people outside the alley. 'If only they could see" i take my shield and trow it lik it was a discus. as it leaves my hands i cast dispell magic on it. the three mages dodge as the shild flys and hits one of the unaware men on the back.
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Andrek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:33 am

Andrek looks toward the larger kingdoms of Ered Duath, his gaze is distant. "Horati have you ever felt a warm fire on a cold night, or more specifically a chilled cavern's wind on a warm day? Close your eyes, feel the loss of light, follow this chill and you will find your way to a gate."

He turns toward the elves, "It was good to see you again old friends. I understand why your people are not involved, I hope that men can keep things under control."

One of the elves reply, "If we had known the troubles we would see, we never would have called on you for help in the past."

Andrek smiled, "Versago, it may be wise for you to work with Horati at this time. I know you may not always agree on the methods to deal with the future you both will face, but for the time it would do you well to follow the darkness and determine where it comes from."

Andrek walks away without another word, heading directly for the Forsaken kingdom of Ered Duath, as he comes to the middle of the city he finds himself in a fight. He looks around trying to determine where the guards are, only to be hit in the back with a shield. He looks at one of his old court on the ground, "Andrek, this man is mad! Please stop him!!"

Andrek turns to see Embara, "Master Templar, what business do you have in this city, are you of the same order as Sir. Cedric?" He reaches out a hand in greeting, and steps between the mages and this Templar.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 am

"Ah, yes. It would be pleasant to join you-?..." Rat leads on, peering on at the ronin. "And was it Horati." Dusting off his cloak he adds a relieved chuckle, "It will be a nice change to have company that is actually tangible. The spirits do become repetitive. As for your priestess, it'd be a pleasure passing on any knowledge I have. You know n..."

Rat trails off in speech carefree if anyone wants to listen. Adjusting his satchels and furs as he continues to talk aloud. Dead air catches an ear. He halts all movement, raising his eyes to Andrek. He sees Andrek walking away. "...if you two will excuse me." Rat scurries along behind Andrek. Before he makes his way into the city. Rat takes care to cover himself. Although he has the presence and demeanor of respected elder. His appearance would scare those less familiar with his race. During the altercation with the templar, Rat kept his distance and observed.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:10 am

Iam honored you know of my rank at just a glance but now is not the time for introductions. These mages are strong and versed in the dark arts. Now that your head is clear can you now see that your city burns.
Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Horati OTFH » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 pm

"Well Versago, it looks like it is just you and me my friend. So, shall we get going in order to get more information on this gate from you village?" Horati starts to slowly go towards Kanna. Checking all of my belongings, making sure everything is strapped down correctly.

"Also, Versago, I would enjoy talking to your priestess to see what information she might have for us. What is the best place to eat at? Should I avoid some foods? Also, do you have a weapons maker? I would assume you would have a blacksmith, but not sure on a weapons maker. I hope I am taken well in your town."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Versago starts walking after horati. "The priestess should recieve you well as long as you are with me as we go together. And as far as food don't let anyone trick you into eating anything with the name firefly. Its a trick they used to try to play on me when I was there a few years ago. Its a type of gruel."

Adjusting his clothing and swords versago replies "also we do have a smithy. He knows how to repair weapons and all of that. He knows his way around the shop. What are you needing fixed? It will be about a half days journey to kanna."

Versago stretches as he walks along side Horati showing a relaxed mood even with the danger they are heading to meet.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Andrek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Andrek smiles & turns his head back to see a few burning buildings. "I believe the mages of this city should have permits to control the burning so that something else can be built, or that is often the case." Andrek seems very calm,"There are many things that you should know about this kingdom, and the other kingdoms of Ered Duath. Why don't we head to the tavern and discuss the local lore& what brings you out here" He looks back at the mages, "I would go make sure your papers are in order with the local leadership."

The mage looks shocked but doesn't question Andrek, "Yes your highness."

Andrek smiled and shook his head, "You are not my subject, though I appreciate your respect. Make sure these flames are remain contained before you check those papers." He looks back to the templar, " Where are my manners; I am Andrek."
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Weaving through the crowd. Rat calmly and inconspicuously checks for hurt beings. Asking the fewest and most important questions. Realizing the scene is safe he rejoins Andrek.

"Uh, what is it you say in these lands-Hail! My name is Shattered Fist." He says amicably to Embara following Andrek's greeting. Rat still finicking over the hood of his cloak.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 am

And hail back to the both of you too. But I would seriously like to know what is going on here. I am refering to the burning of the city and the magnificar outside the city using blood magic to summon demons." I look to andrek then to shatteredfist "also what is that red liquid that all the water in the city seems to be replaced with. Oh excuse my manners you introduced yourselves and I just star onteragaying you in the street. I am knight-commander embara cayosin. I hail from the templar order and am stationed in dur-demarion. I was sent by the grand cleric to investigate a rumer of an attack on the city by blood mages."
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Horati OTFH » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Walking towards the village of Kanna with Versago, the calming winds of Ered Duath rush by us, making both men feel very at ease. Horati starts to look around the forest, trying to see if anything interesting is about. For a moment he stops, closes his eyes and tries to feel the feeling Andrek had explained.

"Versago, do you feel that? The pull towards the deeper portion of this forest? I want to explore that before getting to Kanna. I feel that we need to check that area out before getting to your village. No matter how hungry we are, we need to check this out."

Horati starts off in the direction of the pulling that he feels. Feeling that the gate is near, Horati starts to sweat more and becomes nervous.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Andrek » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Andrek shifts his gaze around and the looks directly into the eyes of the Templar, "Well Knight-Commander Embara, I believe that things would best be explained over a large cup of ale in the Tavern a few days from here. There is much to see of these great lands." Andrek's eyes shift toward an uneasy crowd growing in the streets, their numbers alone are enough to make most seasoned warriors concerned. "There are things in this world that simply are not as they seem, but again this would be a great story to discuss at the tavern I spoke of."

Andrek mutters quietly under his breath in hopes that the rattling may hear him, "The people of this city generally protest the use of dark magic, though since Sir Turrin, they detest Templars more. We must get Embara safely out of their gates at the very least."

He looks back to Embara, "What do you say to a large pint and an explanation for your travels?"
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:32 am

Andrek wrote:Andrek mutters quietly under his breath in hopes that the rattling may hear him, "The people of this city generally protest the use of dark magic, though since Sir Turrin, they detest Templars more. We must get Embara safely out of their gates at the very least."

A twitch of the ear and Rat knows what should be done. "Uh...AH...yes, a nice cup of tea would be great!" He exclaims happily. "After you, Andrek."

OOC: Shall we move the posts to the Tavern thread, then.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 am

"Then let us convene at the tavern you speak of. i woulds like to hear of all it is you have to tell. and of this other Templar you mentioned. for future reference i have very good hearing. but remember your explanation determines how my order will react to the happenings, they are already mobilizing an army to deal with the mages, and shall arrive in as little as two months."
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Versago Hayashida » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 am

Follow Horati, versago starts to feel uneasy. Losing his jovial attitude about their trip her tells Horati, "We are not wanted here." Drawing his swords and walking very cautiously he continues after Horati.

As they continue into the forest it starts to get darker and the feelings of hatred continue to grow. " Are you prepared for whatever we may meet my friend?" versago asks Horati.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Horati feeling the tension in the air get thicker and thicker. He pulls his shield off of his back and pulls his sword out. "Versago, I am ready. If what I expect is here, I will enter and destroy this gate. I can only hope it is not what I expect it to be."

Walking forward, Horati and Versago continue further into the forest. Ever growing darker and darker. "Versago, do you hear that? The sound of pain, torment and fire? Its getting louder. I believe we may have found the gate. We should continue with readiness to kill whatever happens out of this gate. Or possibly going inside of the gate to kill everything."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Versago tightens his grib on his swords "who would have thought the gate was so close to Kanna."

versago feels like the weight of the world is coming down on his shoulders. "I'm ready my friend, whatever the outcome of this, I know that I went in fighting just as my sensei would have."

as they close in the sounds of screams, of pain get louder. Souls crying to be released from their tormented existence.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Standing before the two adventurers is a burning gate. The likes of hell reaching out to the world, trying to get out. In the back of Horati's mind is a small voice saying,"Come in. Come visit us. We want to meet you. Come join us," in a hissing voice. Horati starts to become in a trance. He stumbles forward towards the gate. He comes to a full consciousness for a moment,"Versago, let us go destroy this place. We must cleanse this place." Horati steps through the gate, shield ready to defend and sword ready to kill.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:47 am

Versago Hesitating, "You don't even know what this place is?" with a heavy sigh "I've never known anyone to jump in to danger when the voices say to come. But oh well." Versago jumps in the gates as well ready for a fight. "This better be atleast a little fun!"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 am

Horati looks around, notices Versago has come into this world of flame. "My people have always jumped into danger. We consider it to be fun. If we can overcome a dangerous situation with just our skills, we love it even more." Horati says with a grin on his face. The two adventurers continue into the fiery depths. All of the sudden, a flash of red shoots from ahead of them and passes right through Horati.

Horati screams out in pain. "What in the hell was that?! It hurt like no other pain I have felt, but it did not physically hurt. I feel like something just entered my body. *, this may have been too much for us. Shall we continue on or turn back? I want to try to get further into this system to learn more information, but if that happens again, I say we leave."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:26 am

"Dont get me wrong!" Versago let out a laugh, "I am always looking for an oppenent that will finally let me have some fun. I refused to learn magic of any sort because I always wanted to be able to beat an opponent by my physical strength alone. If I am unable to, then I deserve whatever fate becomes of me."

as the Horati experiences the pain Versago has readied his guard. "Are you sure your ok? I would like to keep going to see what there is down here if there is anything th...."
Versago is cut off as a flash of red passes through him as well. Versago falls to one knee because of the pain. "I don't remember feeling that amount of pain since my sensei trained me. Now this is starting to become fun!" Versago got up and gave a hardy laugh. "It is up to you my friend, we can continue or we can leave. I'm used to this kind of punishment."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 am

"Well, it looks like we have a similar motto about this place. Lets see what we can figure out and possibly kill!" Horati leads the way deeper into the catacomb of fire, flesh and screams. A small demon pops out of no where and throws a fiery spell at Horati, who dodges out of the way. "Hmm, I feel more able to move down here. Probably that whole dimensional shift thing."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 am

Griping his swords versago finds a few other imps. Versago cuts them down with ease. "I see what you mean, I feel a bit faster down here as well."

Continuing to look through the catacombs they keep finding lesser demons and imps. "We have yet to find anything of importance unless this is all hell can muster. do you want to continue looking around?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm

"I think we should continue on, trying to find something of importance. This place should have something strong enough to give us a challenge." Horati rushes forward into a great room. On one half of the room, sits a few smaller demons and on the large portion of the room sits 1 large demon with burning eyes and a wicked smile.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am

Catching up to Horati, versago sees the smaller demons and then looks to see the larger demon. "Finally, Someone that looks like he can put up a fight! Its about time!"

Versago tightens his grip on the swords. "Horati, you found him first so I'll let you start this off."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

Horati takes a threatening stance toward the demon. "Hey, you ugly *! Look at me! Come get me! You obviously want me here! So come get it you lumbering brute!" Horati starts to back away a bit. His shield and sword taunting the demon.

"Versago, want to play a game? The game is called, How to kill a demon 1,000 ways? Hahahah." The demon starts at Horati. Horati dodges to the right and strikes out at the demon. Horati missed his mark, but now understood how this demon moved. "This will be fun! He is a good match for us!"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 pm

As the two start to attack the Large demon, the imps and smaller demons start to attack them as well.

"Horati, as much as i'd like to play this game... I do believe the odds are not in our favor." quickly glancing around the room counting the enemies as they start to pour in. "looks like the odds are easily 50-1 not counting big bertha over there." he nods to the large demon.

"I'll focus on the smaller demons and imps, you focus on bertha!" Versago starts to cut the smaller demons down. A big grin appearing on his face. "Now this is a fight though. I'll play your game after the imps and smaller demons have been taken care of!"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:44 pm

"Sounds great Versago!" As Horati says this, the large demon claws at his sword arm acting as to take his sword away. It instead claws Horati's arm. Horati attacks back and takes the demons arm off. "Tit for tat *!" Horati screamed.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Versago has taken down 10 enemies now. "I've got to say these little guys are a joke. Looks like your having fun though!! Are you doing all right or do you want to trade off." Versago beheads another imp.

as he says this to Horati another large demon enters the room. It is not as large as the one Horati is fighting but it is carrying a huge hammer. "Now that is what i'm talking about." versago charges the demon. The demon swings the hammer taking out a few imps as he tries to kill versago. Versago is able to dodge out of the way because of how slow the demon is moving.

Versago attacks the demon cutting into the demons shoulder. A few imps jump onto versago imobalizing him long enough for The demon to drop the hammer and grab versago. He raises versago up and punches him in the chest throwing him across the room. The demon breaks the sword that versago had used on his shoulder.

Blood dripping from his mouth, "You can hit harder than that" versago laughs back at the demon "don't hold back again!" versago gets up and readies himself again. glancing to see that horati has been in hit in the arm by the demon he had been fighting.

THe demon versago is fighting picks up his hammer and laughs. "Pathetic Mortals...."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Horati seeing the second large demon, decides to take action. Horati grabs the pommel of his sword, pulls back and slings his sword at the demon that had his arm cut off. The sword flew right to the demons throat, cutting the demons head off. Without any hesitation, he grabs his trust club and bashes the other demon in the face. The demon hits Horati's shield with his hammer, knocking him back. "Haha, you call that a hit?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Next

Return to Role-Play