Attention Chaos Wars Partisipants read this: CODE OF CONDUCT

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Attention Chaos Wars Partisipants read this: CODE OF CONDUCT

Postby Shino » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

This will be posted at Troll. Attendees are responsible for this information

Attendee Code of Conduct:

For 4 years the owners of the Silver Bell Ranch have generously donated the use of their property to the Highlands of Chaos for the purpose of having a private, consistent and adequate site for Chaos Wars. Chaos Wars is a large event. It runs for 1 full week and hosts many fighters from across the country. As a participant of Chaos Wars you have an obligation to the site owners, event coordinators and your fellow attendees to be respectful and cooperative and act in a manner that promotes esteem and acceptance in a fun and safe environment.

As a reminder, during the event all attendees must follow all Federal and Idaho State laws. Along with those the Chaos Wars event has a few additional rules.

As an attendee there are few rules to keep in mind while enjoying Chaos Wars:

1. Under no circumstances whatsoever are you to enter any of the equestrian areas or interact with the horses or livestock on the property. The Chaos Wars designated site will be clearly identified and you must abide by the boundaries.
[This is the omega rule. Violating this will get you kicked out, Period.]

2. All attendees are responsible for all litter on site. Even if it's not yours.
The owners have complained about litter and this is not acceptable. Trash cans are conveniently located around the site and are emptied regularly. There are also designated recycling bins. There is no reason to have a messy camp.
2.a. Cigarette butts are to be disposed of properly. Bring a coffee can or something please. The site owners have complained about this.
2.b. Fire rings in your camp are not for disposing of trash this includes cans, bottle caps and plastic.

3. Fires:
Due to fire warnings in the dry Idaho climate, camp fire allowance is subject to change at any time. Sometimes it isn't worth the risk or we can't legally have camp fires. This happens in the summer sometimes. We will deal with it.
Do not destroy any trees, vegetation or features on the site property in general but especially not for firewood.
Some firewood is available on the site and if you plan to have a fire consider sharing a fire in a larger camp or bringing your own firewood.
Please refrain from creating too many additional fire rings.
Keep your camp's fire under control, supervised, and at an appropriate blaze. Failure to do so may result in having your fire taken away from you. This can happen.
When you leave the site at the end of the event make double sure that your camp fire has been properly extinguished.

4. Quiet Camp is for quiet people and families. Be respectful.

5. Period drinking vessels will be enforced.
This isn't new. Have a mug, flask, bladder or unlabeled, period-ish jug/bottle for all of your non-water beverages.
Water bottles are acceptable only for water.
Keep plastic/glass soda, mixer and liquor bottles in your camp.

6. Excessive (i.e. loud and vulgar) profanity is not permitted on field or during scheduled nightlife activities. Keep it like the Simpsons. There may be families present. Talk however you want in your camp.

7. 21 is 21. Under age drinking is prohibited. When you register you will be presented with a wrist band that you will be responsible for wearing during the event. There are under 21 and 21+ bands. Giving your 21+ wrist band to a minor could result in disciplinary action including a crash course in Idaho State Law.
7.a. If you drink alcohol you are responsible for your own actions and are still subject to any rules you may violate whilst in your condition. Amnesia does not get you anywhere. Be responsible and safe. Be respectful to those around you. Problems or damages you cause may incur disciplinary action including being removed from the event and/or the meeting of local law enforcement.
7.b. No drunk fighting. Heralds will remove you from the field and the head herald can suspend you for a day or longer depending on your actions. Reoccurring incidents may require removal from the event.

8. Minimum garb requirements will be enforced. No jeans, no uncovered t-shirts, no modern hats on field, no casual-wear sunglasses on field. You know... the obvious stuff.
8.a. Nudity is not garb.

9. If you venture to the river that boarders the property to the west (which is totally ok to do) please remember that this is public land and there may be locals using the waters. Be respectful. It is not ok for people who are not registered with the event to enter the property through the riverside access. This is considered trespassing.
9.a. Any non-registered individuals who enter the site without permission from Troll or the site owners first are considered trespassers and will be removed from the site. Please report any sitings of mundanes to a city guard member or an event coordinator immediately. Do not try to remove trespassers by yourself.

10. No dogs allowed on the site, in the camps, on field or in the parking lot.
No dogs allowed. The site owners have dogs that you may see around the site.
There are several great kennels that you can board your pets at in Hailey and Bellevue if you need.

p.s.
For the sake of your enjoyment and that of those around you remember: No drama. Everyone is at CW to have fun and nobody wants to hear it.
All information posted herein is subject to change but will be posted at Troll at Chaos Wars

This will be posted at Troll. Attendees are responsible for this information
Merciless Michael of God Squad
Gelfan Empire
Dragoon and Knight of Babylon
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Babylon
Unit: God Squad
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mantis

Re: Attention Chaos Wars Partisipants read this: CODE OF CON

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 am

IMO this should be stickied for as long as we use the Silver Bell Ranch site.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Plithut » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 am

On that note, Jeff is charging us $1 per item that he finds with a $2 per cigarette butt after we leave the site.

Soooo

PICK UP YOUR ****.
Dragoon Plithut
Sir Plithut - 17th Knight of the Highlands (Retired)
Genetically Enhanced Life Form - GELF
God Squad - Mayhem Muhammad
Hell Hammer - Slaanesh Entices
Plithut
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2002
Unit: GodSquad-HellHammer-Gelfs
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine and Archery

Postby Bortas » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Get the message: your cigarette butt raises each event attendee's fee next year a penny. This is littering, don't do it.

This should be more than posted at troll, it should be read and autographed by each attendee imo.

-bort
ImageImageImage
Bortas
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 1995
Realm: Washington Wash ing ton
Unit: GELF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Crafty

Postby Ignatius » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Shinbro wrote:
Water bottles are acceptable for only for water.

Typo. I agree with Bortas that this should be read and signed by all attendees. That way when somebody gripes and * the signed paper can be waived in there face to shut them up.
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Remdawg Killionaire » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah, seriously; the world is not your ash-tray. Even when I was smoking, I always made a point of throwing my butts away.
Everyone needs to be more responsible for their mess. It's unacceptable for some folk to have to pick up after you just because you are a lazy, messy **** with no respect for anyone or anything around them.
On a lighter note, thanks for posting this, it's really well-done.
Bishop wrote:Overall I believe the article was positive for our image, loosely defining us as a sadomasochist anti-larp. I'm ok with that. http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/LARP-harder

Caleidah wrote:But, his sensei passed that style down to him! Literal hours of tradition!
Remdawg Killionaire
Forum Gordon Ramsay

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2006
Realm: Pyke and O.G. Babylonian
Unit: Catalyst
Favorite Fighting Styles: Acerbic wit and sassy one-liners

Postby Shino » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Ignatius wrote:
Shinbro wrote:
Water bottles are acceptable for only for water.

Typo. I agree with Bortas that this should be read and signed by all attendees. That way when somebody gripes and * the signed paper can be waived in there face to shut them up.

Sheesh get off me mmkay?
Fixed.

I don't know, I think having this clearly posted at troll is fine. I hate paperwork waste anyway. We can include a note on the check in sheet or something. None of these rules are super hard to follow and if you have any eventing experience you should know how to behave at functions like this. Still, it's nice to have warnings in writing.
Gelfan Empire
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir Anastasia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Thank you for posting this.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Ignatius » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Instead of a separate paper that they need to sign have a line in the waiver stating that they have read that and agree to all it entails too. Clean and easy, not extra paperwork. Just and extra bit in the waiver.

No matter what is decided it is nice to have it spelled out to point to when someone is being a *.
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Sir Anastasia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Now I have to learn some medieval family swears.
Cofounder and Marshal of Andúril
Cofounder Battle for the Ring
Order of the Shining Tower
Order of the Western Flame

See you at Battle for the Ring in January www.battleforthering.com
Sir Anastasia
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Aug 2001
Realm: Marshal of Anduril
Unit: Wardens
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board, Extreme Taunting

Postby Elwrath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

i just wanted to be sure everyone reads and understands the code of conduct before you show up because i had a conversation with jeff today about underage drinking and dogs on site. The clear definitive answer to both of these is no and none. If you do you'll be asked to leave.

He's not trying to be mean on the dogs on site, but it hasn't worked out before and won't in the future and he's asked that we have none, not that you show up and ask forgiveness but that you have none. So if you do bring a dog you'll be asked to remove the dog from the site.

As far as underage drinking its a really really big no no. It could lose him his ranch so he said in no uncertain terms that if he has to he'll just ask everyone to pack up and leave...meaning all of chaos. He can't afford to lose his ranch because of legal bs over some idiot drinking underage. He's not trying to be mean and i'm not trying to either. Its just the way it has to be and he wanted to make sure everyone was completely clear on it.

Thanks
Elwrath
Veteran
Veteran

Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: EBF

Postby Forkbeard » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Who read what now?
I thought these were already the rules.
Over age drinking is still ok, right.
Giggity.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Valas Hune » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Just as an addition to 7 and 7a - the pub, as always, will require a valid ID. Meaning your wristband will not fly.
Uruk Nation WAAGH!!!!
I have a rendezvous with death
The Baby Maker
Realm of Stygia
Chieftain of Stygia in the Western Uruk-Hai
Member of the White Skull
Founder of Valas' pub - Putting the orc in horc since Chaos wars 9
VB proud
Valas Hune
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Flynn Cu Maige » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:42 pm

our camp is making sure to keep tabs on litter and cig buts. our rule is if you dont clean up after yourself you become the camp gopher. hope our small contribution helps.
Once you have taken a few punches and realized your not made of glass,you don't feel alive unless your pushing yourself as far as you can go.
Flynn Cu Maige
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2008
Realm: Talinor
Unit: Order of Endor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red,Two Weapon, S&B, Archery.

Postby Shino » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm

EDIT:

8. Minimum garb requirements will be enforced. No jeans, no uncovered t-shirts, no modern hats on field*, no casual-wear sunglasses on field**. You know... the obvious stuff.
8.a. Nudity is not garb.

* hats of modern make, modern materials or with modern commercial logos.

** After consideration there will be no current stance on sunglasses use on field.

Please continue any further debate or discussion in an appropriate forum.
Gelfan Empire
Shino
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Chaos Wars Archive