Training at Home

Discuss how to become a better fighter and training methods for teaching new fighters.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Training at Home

Postby Kask » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi I've been doing Bel for half a year now and I was wondering from those who know how to train at home currently all I have is a short sword but I do plan on getting a standard round If there are any tips on what to do please post me.

Thank You,
Kask
Kask
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 14 Aug 2013

Re: Training at Home

Postby Celtic Christ » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 am

Someone, I'm sure, will come along with advice on using a pell. It's basically a cheap practice dummy to drill yourself on shot mechanics. A quick search on training pells will give you several different approaches to making one. There are also several series of training videos readily available on youtube. You also may want to look at the training for other foam/reenactment sports (Take what suits you and dismiss the rest).
Celtic Christ
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2007
Realm: Shannara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Sir Thurat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Check out the videos and articles linked in the stickied thread at the top of this forum (viewtopic.php?f=135&t=26377). It has lots of resources, and should include some stuff on pell training.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Postby Elias Riverdagger » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 am

I hope this helps, but I've got some people in my neighborhood who love using my loaner swords. They're not very good, but they help me keep my edge, especially if I go against more than one of them. I also train combos (I'm florentine), and another thing I've been doing is I do every activity I can in my day with weights on my arms. This works, and I've gotten quite fast over time. I also just spend a lot of my spare time walking around my house and neighborhood with my swords, and I'll start training out of nowhere. I get a lot of weird looks, but it's pretty fun. I'm very new to this though, so please correct me if I'm wrong!
--
Нет ничего постоянного, единственное постоянное - это сам​​о изменение
-Elias
Elias Riverdagger
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 07 Apr 2022
Realm: Wrathborn
Unit: None Yet
Favorite Fighting Styles: Twin longswords
Open combat and stealth
Pronouns: He/Him