Kicked off the Dagorhir Board

HACS, SCA, Dag, Amtg, NERO, and other similar sports discussion.

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Kicked off the Dagorhir Board

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Which is exactly why I wont support or put any effort toward Dag. Take your efforts and make Bel better FB, **** Dag.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Solusar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Forkbeard wrote:So, they figured out who Kang was and banned me just for being a "Forkbeard of Bel".
I did nothing wrong and I'm starting an Official Dag chapter here.
If anyone could find out what I supposedly did, I would really like to know. I was VERY careful not to break any rules. I'm SURE I didn't.
**** those **** chodes. I'm trying to HELP them out here and what do I get?
FB

I like how Horatius tried to call you out in the "UT Fighting" thread you started. He talked about you "leaving" Belegarth" for a "better game" like it was a bad thing. Yeah, that's a bad thing or something.
Squire Solusar Oma'Ragh McFeelgood, the Usurper
Squire to Sir Rune of Mittlemarch
I fight Dagorhir, but I'm still cool somehow.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2001
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, Red, Red +back shield,

Postby bangor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Solusar wrote:Suicide yourself Bangor, you got it wrong.
Nihilists. They're nihilists.
Bangor swears it was the agent orange.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Oisin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah, I just read through the posts from that username, and you don't seem to have broken any rules at all.

Sigh . . .
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Nope, he didn't, they just found out he's really a belegarth player. Since we are the anti-christ, out to control everything, take all their people, and money, they banned him...lolz.

I honestly think they are afraid of us, that they are afraid if people find out about us, they wont join Dag.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Forkbeard wrote:So, they figured out who Kang was and banned me just for being a "Forkbeard of Bel".
If anyone could find out what I supposedly did, I would really like to know. I was VERY careful not to break any rules. I'm SURE I didn't.
FB

Yes, Dominus is determined to save Dagorhir, even if he has to destroy Dagorhir to do it.

Wait, what?
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Ilariia Bulochnika » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:42 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:
FB

Yes, Dominus is determined to save Dagorhir, even if he has to destroy Dagorhir to do it.

Wait, what?

:eyes:

SSSSHHHHUUUUUNNNNNN
-Ilariia Bulochnika, Esquire.
Viking Buddy
Food Craftsman
Kensman

The hero Belegarth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Viking *.
Ilariia Bulochnika
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2003
Realm: Knights Hollow
Unit: Empire of the Wolf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Mace and Board
Flail and Board
Archery

Postby Solusar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:46 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:
FB

Wait, what?

I loled because of the truth.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Oisin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 am

Forkbeard--Here's the situation. You went on their boards with a different name, concealed your previous involvement with Belegarth/Dagorhir, and then were trying to recruit members for your group. I don't know whether you were actually planning to start a Dagorhir chapter or not, but if you were't, then you were in violation of the rules . . . and even if you were, that does sound mighty suspicious from their point of view.

Not that I agree with it, but that's where they're coming from. If you actually want to post on those boards, rotate your IP address, register a new username, and this time don't blow your cover by signing some of your posts "FB". There's only one person that any of us know who does that, and doing so made your whole premise a lie from their perspective.

Lesson: Don't go to their boards under false pretenses, they won't ban you for being in Belegarth. Everyone on that board knows I do both games, and at the right times and places, I've been vocal about it (although in the current moderation climate, that's really not a good idea at all), but I'm also honest and helpful.

Also, I don't try to recruit people for a group. That'll get you banned faster than anyone.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:56 am

Cause if he went under Forkbeard and mentioned he wanted to get a group started, he would haver been booted for trolling even sooner. Even though he was trying to get an official Dag group started, they would have seen it as trolling since he does not already have paperwork in.

See that's the biggest hitch in their system. You can't try to start a group without first having your paperwork in, and to do that, you need a group of people to sign the papers. So basically, if you aren't a vet and are just some noob trying to build a group from the ground up, you'll get almost no help from them. That was one of the greatest difficulties I found with Dag when I first started up our group here.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Oisin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:00 pm

/me shrugs.

It's their system, not mine, and as I've said above, I think it's stupid and petty. But that's the way it is, and that's why FB's banned. I think that if he'd gone on as Forkbeard and said, "Hi, I want to start a Dag chapter in this area, is there anyone else here" he wouldn't have been banned. You have to be very explicit about your desire to start a Dag chapter, or else they start to get annoyed at you very quickly.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Arrakis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Oisin, he probably would have been. I've seen it before.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:10 pm

I was going to defend FB, cause I am his friend, and he wasn't trolling. He intended/intends to start an official Dag group. Arrakis said it well enough though. He would have been kicked and prolly much faster if he had just came on as FB.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Arrakis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Dagorhir doesn't seem to understand, sort of like the RIAA and MPAA, that protecting your IP is important, but not at the expense of your growth and profits. Every time someone starts a Bel Realm, Rag gets a little bit bigger.
Arrakis

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Arrakis wrote: Every time someone starts a Bel Realm, Rag gets a little bit bigger.

LOLZ-QFT!
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Forkbeard » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:32 pm

I started the account under the Kang name becuase I couldn't get inunder the name Forkbeard or King Forkbeard, they were already pre banned. Or more accuratly the dag boards kept saying" that used already exsists" but my passwords wouldn't work and I couldn't get them to let me change them.
I did absolutly NO RECRUITING at all. In fact, I was trying to GET recruited by another chapter. I invited no one to anything as right now we have no Bel practice. Lots of my locals have moved on and the ones who want to fight are way more into the RP ****. I figured Dag would apeal to them, so I was starting a new group.
The only reason I "concealed your previous involvement with Belegarth/Dagorhir" was becuase I figured I would get banned for talking about it.
I really appreciate your help, Oisin, But since I can't be Forkbeard on their boards, and I can't use a different name, what else do you Propose?
And if you look close, you'll notice I never lied in any of those posts. NOt once. I simply negelct to mention restricted topics, in order to follow the rules.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Spike » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Can get banned for talking about Belegarth.

Can get banned for not talking about Belegarth.

Cute.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Kaimelar Morikayun » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Its just too darn bad you know. Ive fought with both groups like most of us. Im all about the promotion of fighting in general. Whenever I meet someone who would be interested in fighting, I always check both maps to find the group nearest them, regardless of which game. I frequent more Dag events and Battles because they've been more convenient when you live 2 and 1/2 hours from the Rag site =P (Which changed to 8 hours now that im in nashville =P) Most of the people I know personally couldn't give a rats * which game's activity they were involved in, as long as they were getting to fight.

Im mostly just ranting pointlessly, I don't really know where its going but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in =P I guess the bottom line is that its too bad that everyone can't just promote fighting rather than drawing that line that distinguishes us. some people on both sides can ruin alot, and like said above, the spirit of the game is the fighting, friends, good memories all that fun stuff. :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

I like the fish...
Kai, Captain of Wargar, Squire to Sir Lotek.
Work it Harder, Make it Better, Do it Faster, Makes us Stronger, More than Ever, Hour after Our Work is Never Over...
Kaimelar Morikayun
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Mar 2003
Realm: Durdemarion
Unit: Wargar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board/Single Blue.

Postby The Great Gigsby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Kaimelar Morikayun wrote:I guess the bottom line is that its too bad that everyone can't just promote fighting rather than drawing that line that distinguishes us.
Everyone can promote fighting, they just can't do it on the Dagorhir website. It's not a huge deal.
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Black Cat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Forkbeard wrote:Lots of my locals have moved on and the ones who want to fight are way more into the RP ****. I figured Dag would apeal to them, so I was starting a new group.

I'm actually into RP a lot myself, though I'm sure that you could tell that from my posts on these boards about being a 'dark nekomata ninja catboy'. People don't really like that much, I hear. I like to roleplay, but not at the expense of the type of combat that this sport allows. Dagorhir sounds perfect for that kind of thing, but their leadership really seems to like making things very difficult.

Too bad you can't get access to the Dagorhir board. The problems you are having are precisely the reason why I never bothered to try to sign up for their boards. I was once going to register so that I could have access to their foamsmithing and armor-making forums, but I decided that I better not. I figured that being a member of Belegarth would automatically get me banned and would just cause unnecessary trouble. From the looks of it, I was right in my assumption. Help not wanted, obviously.

If you manage to start a Dag group, I'll be sure to join if it's close enough. Otherwise, I'll just be in the same boat with that as I am in with Belegarth. I would just start another unit up here to replace Malkier, but my PR skills (or lack-therof) are horrible.

See you at Yestare IX,

Black Cat
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Unit: Untamed

Postby bangor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey, Folkbeard, there is another system that has a good core for roleplay that is not nearly as condemning of Belegarth... Amtgard.

Just saying. Also, you can be a Bel realm and an Amt park at the same time so long as you play a class battle or quest ever so often. Additionally, since both rulesets allow for special battles, Belegarth is a special battle type in Amtgard, and Amtgard is a special battle scenario in Belegarth. You could even run a class battle with Belegarth melee rules, but you'd have to use amt-standard melee rules when fighting other Amtgard groups.
Axe in the back!!
bangor
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 15 May 2002
Realm: Crimson Circle [Amtgard]
Unit: FrostBrew
Favorite Fighting Styles: Reverse Flo, Single short axe, Archery

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 am

""I figured that being a member of Belegarth would automatically get me banned""

Not the case at all. There seems to be an agenda at work that has been causing vocal/high profile members of Belegarth (especially pre-split ones) to be banned for fear of some kind of weird mind terrorist crap (yeah, totally just made **** up). As you state that you joined Bel, not Dag, they really have no way of knowing who the hell you are unless you do/say/link to something to proves their paranoia "warranted" in their eyes.

I have now witnessed 2 types of interaction here:

1.) People being banned for trying to be smug and coy while waving a giant "**** you" flag on the Dag board.

2.) People being banned basically because the wrong people know who they are and that they are "important" in Belegarth.

(and then there's PtQ who everyone's just too afraid of... lol)

I watched multiple people post on the new Dag board when it came out and I perfectly predicted their bannings like clockwork. There is such a predictable method to their madness that if you just roll with their rules you'll never get banned... but if you ask 20 questions in a row indicating your disgust with their game/rules/website/attitude/moms you will be banned... duh.

The 2nd of my 2 examples is unfortunate proof that personal feelings are being loosely disguised as rules... Sad but true.

Just my recent observations, not really caring what happens to other people in my daily life I find it hard to care about the interactions of the 2 games, I really like people in both and take any chance I can to play any game I can... There seems to be much ado about * amongst people with too much time on the web (myself included) these days, it's sad that some people trying to things that are good for foam fighting are getting caught up in the * though...

Don't make the mistake of wearing the "whoa is me, everyone in dag hates me because I'm in Bel" banner. If they've never met you, never heard of you, and you've never interacted with them before, then you are just another foam fighter who can join the Dag board just like anyone else... Promise.

Thrush
berserk

PS: Of course I could be proven totally wrong tomorrow and we could find out that Dag has secret spies everywhere and they have a list of every IP address of every user of these forums and are systematically going to ban everyone for using this forum and mentioning other games on their own board... but I doubt it.
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Wanna Practice in Baltimore?
http://baltimoretuesdaynightfightnight.yuku.com
Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 27 Sep 1998
Realm: Ball So Hard University
Unit: The Nidstang

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 am

Thrush wrote"but if you ask 20 questions in a row indicating your disgust with their game/rules/website/attitude/moms you will be banned... duh."
I did none of this.
I totally got banned becuase I lead the Western Uruk-Hai, V-hil leads the Eastern and He is a partner in Edhellen With Kegg.
Forkbeard was banned for wearing the chompie. So I changed my name to Kang and he was banned for being Forkbeard.
Just for the reacord, I've met V'hil twice, ever and Kegg once.
I also pay for all our edhellen stuff except for a few things V-hil kicked us down 4 years ago.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Solusar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 am

Thrush Svartehjertet wrote:""I figured that being a member of Belegarth would automatically get me banned""

Not the case at all. There seems to be an agenda at work that has been causing vocal/high profile members of Belegarth (especially pre-split ones) to be banned for fear of some kind of weird mind terrorist crap (yeah, totally just made **** up). As you state that you joined Bel, not Dag, they really have no way of knowing who the hell you are unless you do/say/link to something to proves their paranoia "warranted" in their eyes.

I have now witnessed 2 types of interaction here:

1.) People being banned for trying to be smug and coy while waving a giant "**** you" flag on the Dag board.

2.) People being banned basically because the wrong people know who they are and that they are "important" in Belegarth.

(and then there's PtQ who everyone's just too afraid of... lol)

I watched multiple people post on the new Dag board when it came out and I perfectly predicted their bannings like clockwork. There is such a predictable method to their madness that if you just roll with their rules you'll never get banned... but if you ask 20 questions in a row indicating your disgust with their game/rules/website/attitude/moms you will be banned... duh.

The 2nd of my 2 examples is unfortunate proof that personal feelings are being loosely disguised as rules... Sad but true.

Just my recent observations, not really caring what happens to other people in my daily life I find it hard to care about the interactions of the 2 games, I really like people in both and take any chance I can to play any game I can... There seems to be much ado about * amongst people with too much time on the web (myself included) these days, it's sad that some people trying to things that are good for foam fighting are getting caught up in the * though...

Don't make the mistake of wearing the "whoa is me, everyone in dag hates me because I'm in Bel" banner. If they've never met you, never heard of you, and you've never interacted with them before, then you are just another foam fighter who can join the Dag board just like anyone else... Promise.

Thrush
berserk

PS: Of course I could be proven totally wrong tomorrow and we could find out that Dag has secret spies everywhere and they have a list of every IP address of every user of these forums and are systematically going to ban everyone for using this forum and mentioning other games on their own board... but I doubt it.

Like it or not the Dag mods troll these boards gathering info. Sound insane and paranoid? Yes. Truth? Also yes.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:43 am

Yeah FB, I think you fall into my 2nd category, and I'm sad for it... If everything you have said is true (I have no reason to not believe you) then you are merely a victim of *... I dunno man, it's all lame. I just like hitting people.

Thrush
berserk
"It's my will, my will is stronger than the other people I play against. I'm going to sacrifice more than anyone else to make a play, I can promise you. And I'm going to hit you so you don't want to play [any] more.''

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:13 pm

And Bangor, we'd need a new thread to discuss why I wouldn't be cuaght dead running an Ampt-group.
I mean, I like someof those guys, Lotr is a good freind, But Amtguard has many many serious game play problems. Too many to go into here.
Let just say the few time a year I go to the SLC amtguard practice are 2 too many already.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Also, anyone who likes CLUTCH is ok by me!

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Clutch is the greatest band since Zeplin.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Tor » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Zeppelin WISHES they were Clutch. Finally, a topic I can get into.
Viking Bastards. It's like chlorine for the gene pool.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Unit: Viking Bastards
Favorite Fighting Styles: Death by Not Existing

Postby Solusar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Clutch is just a Black Sabbath jr.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Athron » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:05 am

Saying Clutch is Black Sabbath Jr. is like saying South Campton County Youth T-Ball for Special Needs Children is basically the New York Yankees Jr.

Never saw more bloody faced skinheads in one room than when I saw them a few years ago.
Fun fact: Being a D*** doesn't make you throw a better wrap shot.
Athron
Monkey
Monkey

Postby Arrakis » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:17 am

Athron wrote:Saying Clutch is Black Sabbath Jr. is like saying South Campton County Youth T-Ball for Special Needs Children is basically the New York Yankees Jr.

OH SNAP.
Arrakis

Postby Solusar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:10 pm

Skinheads usually don't usually last long in any scene, thank whatever god you thank.
It's not that I don't think Clutch is a good band, I just get bored. Rock and roll is cool and everything but I need something a little more intense.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Tor » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Solusar wrote:Skinheads usually don't usually last long in any scene, thank whatever god you thank.
It's not that I don't think Clutch is a good band, I just get bored. Rock and roll is cool and everything but I need something a little more intense.

Good for you. Go play in traffic or something, and leave the music to people who can actually play their instruments.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Postby Solusar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:09 am

Oh yeah, that's original. Got anything else?
I already said you guys can have Clutch, what's the problem?
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Solusar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Sir Killian wrote:carnivore was the ****.

You sir are a genius. Everyone listen to this man.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby The Great Gigsby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Does anybody here listen to Raffi?
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Tor » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Solusar wrote:Oh yeah, that's original. Got anything else?

Your mom. If it makes you feel better, I'm *fairly* sure I'm not your dad.

I already said you guys can have Clutch, what's the problem?

I'm also fairly sure we don't need your permission for anything. But thanks for trying.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Postby Solusar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:25 am

Did you eat your * cereal yet Tor because you still have yet to live up to your name.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby Skitterzz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 am

Dagorhir is no more or less petty than a bunch of e-thugs trolling a post because they got kicked off their favorite forums and their egos got hurt.

:goblin:

Also, Clutch is ****. Go die.
Last edited by Skitterzz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Militia Division II; First Sergeant, Infantry, Archer.
----------------------------------------
VAZI President/Death-squad Sergeant: Columbus, OH
Skitterzz
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2003
Realm: Militia Div II
Unit: Militia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword n' Board/Spear.

Postby Thrush Svartehjertet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 am

""carnivore""

A band I did not think I would see referenced... anywhere.

"I live to war it's in my blood if I want it I take
the men I've killed the children slaves
and all the woman I've raped
between my legs I've got what it takes to be called a man
fighting, feasting, **** all I can
moonlight on horseback till death we will ride
northern winds pushing us towards suicide
Mars god of war * in rage
wild libido I've freed from its cage

Male Supremacy"

Peter Steele is the man.

Thrush
berserk

Thrush Svartehjertet
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby MagnusofDregoth » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:19 am

Skitterzz wrote:Dagorhir is no more or less petty than a bunch of e-thugs trolling a post because they got kicked off their favorite forums and their egos got hurt.

Dude, you better be kidding. That is in no way true.
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Knight of Taurendor

+ Benedictus Dominus Fortis Meus, Qui Docet Manus Meas Ad Proelium, Digitos Meos Ad Bellum +
MagnusofDregoth
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 04 Jun 2001
Unit: Errant
Favorite Fighting Styles: SS,Spear,2S,Rock

Postby Oisin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:58 pm

MagnusofDregoth wrote:
Skitterzz wrote:Dagorhir is no more or less petty than a bunch of e-thugs trolling a post because they got kicked off their favorite forums and their egos got hurt.

Dude, you better be kidding. That is in no way true.

I think he's trying to make a point. And it is true of a small section of the population of either game.

Seriously, anyone who has a problem with Dagorhir, go to Ragnarok. What you'll find is that 99% of people don't give a **** what game you're from (or are primarily from another game themselves) and also just roll their eyes at those other guys who care about * and politics. I mean, hell, there are dozens of people I know who publicly wore the Bel/Dag union belt flag around the last two Rags and generally got nothing but support.

You'll find that the real experience of Dagorhir is generally a very different, and far more positive, experience than what you get on the boards.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Skitterzz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Magnus with regards to extreme generalization, I am not kidding.

Then again, I'm trolling a little too. So there I go.
Militia Division II; First Sergeant, Infantry, Archer.
----------------------------------------
VAZI President/Death-squad Sergeant: Columbus, OH
Skitterzz
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2003
Realm: Militia Div II
Unit: Militia
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword n' Board/Spear.

Postby Tor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Solusar wrote:Did you eat your * cereal yet, Tor? Because you still have yet to live up to your name.

FTFY.

And as an FYI for you, I save my bastardry for those it can actually help in some way. You're pretty much a lost cause, so I keep it simple for you.
Tor
Utter Bastard

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Oisin wrote:99% of people don't give a **** what game you're from (or are primarily from another game themselves) and also just roll their eyes at those other guys who care about * and politics.
I don't buy this. Why don't those 99% do something to improve their game? Why are they so incredibly complacent about standing in *?
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Solusar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Giggles wrote:
Oisin wrote:99% of people don't give a **** what game you're from (or are primarily from another game themselves) and also just roll their eyes at those other guys who care about * and politics.
I don't buy this. Why don't those 99% do something to improve their game? Why are they so incredibly complacent about standing in *?

Because no matter you do politically, it's really about the fighting. And that's what Ragnarok is.
Solusar
Hero
Hero

Postby varadin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Giggles wrote:I don't buy this. Why don't those 99% do something to improve their game? Why are they so incredibly complacent about standing in *?

its the problem that they are just too lazy to do anything about it. The majority of dagorhir is a lot more laid back when it comes to this ****. They just dont care enough to do anything about it because they would rather let other people do the work and be lazy. They look at Dagorhir as a relaxation and a game. Im hard pressed to get anyone in my kingdom to go to belegarth events because its quite frankly too intense fighting and more in your face people.

The guys in charge want power they love it and wont let it up. Look at what happened with the split it was all about a missunderstanding and Ecowboying(summed up roughly) Anyone who trys to help steps on their toes and gets kicked out unless they are in that inner circle of friends of the people in charge. Then they just cling to that power. Look at Solusar he made an AWESOME map and guy kicked even though he was trying to help because somehow someone felt threatened. Forkbeard tried to make a dag chapter but because he is in what to most is viewed as a Belegarth unit he is banned out of fear nothing more.

All in all its just not worth getting all worked up about. Because everyone who has tried to help or stop this **** no matter what support they had get kicked off and in some cases barred from events IE talon.
varadin
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 Apr 2001
Realm: Pentwyvern
Unit: EBF

Postby Oisin » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah, that's what it seems like. Also, recall that Dagorhir, its copywrites, and all rights to it are owned not by Dagorhir as a group but by the Aratari BoD, and they keep power very squarely centralized when it comes to matters that are anything more than trivial (and, to be honest, in the grand scheme of things, the specifics of the rulebook and any rules changes that the RWC might make are pretty trivial).

Interestingly, enough, though, it's actually illegal for a non-profit organization to ban an individual from participation. I'm not sure about the details, but I believe that (assuming that Dag is a non-profit, which I assume is the case, considering that they probably aren't paying taxes) not allowing people to come to Ragnarok (assuming that they pay like everyone else and are given the same treatment as everyone else) actually jeopardizes their tax-exempt status if someone were to push the issue. I could have the details of that wrong, though.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Arrakis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Oisin wrote:Seriously, anyone who has a problem with Dagorhir, go to Ragnarok.

Dude, that will NOT reduce anyone's problems with Dagorhir unless they somehow think that Dagorhirrim are out to get Belegrim and steal them away into the abyss, or something.

All Rag did for me was burn my eyeballs a little, get me irritated at the pathetic state of weapons checking at Rag, and reinforce that "He who cheats hardest wins the tourneys". Oh, and it let me meet and visit with some really cool people. But still. Rag is large. That's about all that can be said for it, near as I can tell.

Admittedly, I wasn't there very long (the aforementioned eye-burning) and I may even go back some day. Hopefully they'll have figured out how to check stabbing tips and gotten rid of that ignorant minimum blade dimensions **** by then...
Arrakis

PreviousNext

Return to Other Medieval Recreation Sports